Just because the snowy season is underway it does not mean that outdoor fun has to stop. Although some days may be too cold for outside play, on days when bundling up is possible there are lots of fun things to do and explore outside, and the snow can make it that much more fun! Here are some great ideas to keep your young ones learning and developing during the snowy weather.
- Make a bird feeder and hang it near a window so you can watch the birds that visit in the warmth of your house.
- Use sand castle toys to play in the snow.
- Make a maze in the snow by walking in the shape of a path, pushing the snow down as you walk.
- Create a snow road for playing with cars on. Or use toy construction trucks to plow and move snow around.
- Bring a bucket of snow indoors to play with on a sand or water table or even in the bathtub.
- Don’t stop with a snowman, build snow animals, too!
- Blow bubbles in cold air below 32 degrees and see what happens.
For more ideas, browse through these great sites: